Wednesday 16 March 2011

Skins Illustration Competition

Last week I saw that the E4 website was hosting a competition that asked it's entrants to illustrate Grace's Fairytale. Although I am not really impressed with this season I thought I would give it a go. The competition doesn't have a prize but because I have been bogged down with teaching lately, I jumped at the chance to do something creative. Here is my entry:


I chose to illustrate this section of the story:

Once upon a time there was a little girl who had a dreamy pink Barbie princess castle. It had tiny little doors and tiny little windows, from which you could look into even tinier little rooms. In front of the grand entrance stood a darling porcelain doll with her arms held high above her head and one leg outstretched behind her. She wore dainty pink little ballet shoes, fastened with ribbon, that allowed her to dance on the tips of her toes. She was a tiny dancer, a prima ballerina.
Unfortunately after I uploaded my entry it was removed for being "off topic"!! Obviously I was quite frustrated because clearly the image is ON TOPIC!

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture; most of the entries *including mine* focus on the ballerina and the tin man but this is adorable ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! Is yours online so I can see?

    ReplyDelete