Monday 6 February 2012

BRONZE, SILVER & GOLD

The Olympics are not too far away now and I am personally getting excited as I will be going to see Hockey and Basketball! The medal designs were released a while ago so I am a bit late on jumping on the bandwagon! 




Designed by David Watkins, I like the purple ribbons which have been used to fit in with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. The Greek goddess of victory, Nike has been used on the front which is a nice touch but a tad cliche. I am still strongly opposed to the logo (I am looking at you Wolf Olins). I also like the use of the Thames but I think they should use more iconic London scenery. 


The square on the medal they say is to  ’reinforce the sense of place, as in a map inset’ and the grid behind is said to ’radiate energy and represents athletes’ achievements and effort,’ but I think it adds clutter to the design and as I said they should have had more of a focus on London and possibly a more simple representation of sport. 


What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment